The following directions are generalized. Please use your topical cream according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Apply at the same time every day, preferably in the morning. For best absorption, do not apply right before bedtime.
- Only apply to the upper arm and shoulder area or to the insides of the lower arms. Never apply to open sores, wounds, or irritated skin.
- Completely clean and dry the skin.
- Apply the prescribed about of medication on the appropriate area. Using a circular motion, rub in the medication until it is absorbed and the area feels dry. If applying to the lower arms you can rub the insides of your arms together in a circular motion to spread the medication onto both arms.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately after application to avoid spreading the medication to other people.
- Let the medication dry for a few minutes before getting dressed to prevent your clothes from wiping it off your skin.
- There is a slight risk of transferring the medication to other people you come into contact with. To avoid this, allow at least 4 hours for the medication to fully absorb before touching another person with the area of application. To further prevent transfer, the site of application can be washed with soap and water after allowing for absorption.
- Wait at least an hour after application before bathing or swimming to ensure the best absorption.
What if you miss a dose?
Take your next dose of the medication as soon as you remember unless it is close to your next dose. In that case, skip the dose and resume your scheduled dose. Never double your dose!