One of the most controversial debates currently taking place in America at the moment is whether or not to receive one of the COVID-19 vaccines made by Moderna and Pfizer. Let’s take a look at some statistics and opinions on this heated topic, while also exploring some options other than the vaccine that many believe can help fight the virus.
Data collected on a recent survey shows that around 58% of Americans say they would get the vaccine—key groups such as Democrats and older citizens are among the most willing, but what about the other 42%? 37% of this group of American adults are mostly weary of its speed of development, another 26% express they would be more comfortable once more studies of side effects and effectiveness are conducted. However, 12% say they just don’t trust vaccinations in general—which can possibly pose a huge challenge from a public health perspective.
Even some first responders are hesitant to get the COVID-19 vaccine. More than half of the FDNY firefighters answered an internal survey and said they were not for receiving the vaccine when it first becomes available to them. According to NBC News the Uniformed Firefighters Association President, Andrew Absbro said “of the 2,053 firefighters surveyed in recent days, roughly 55% said they would not get the vaccine.” He expands further and states that they are resistant due in large part to the fact that it is new and there is limited information on how effective it is.
With a large portion of the population suspicious of a new and quickly developed vaccine with little information on its effectiveness available—Americans are looking for other methods and actions to take in order to protect themselves from serious symptoms that lead to hospitalization.
One of the most talked about alternatives is building immune resilience. This strategy helps to boost the immune system so that it’s better prepared to ward off COVID-19. Health officials suggest:
- A nutrient rich diet
- Minimal stress
- A healthy 6-8 hours of sleep
- Physical activity
- Supplements such as vitamin C & Zinc (call to order now)
- Ozone Therapy
Others mention methods such as IV therapy as well as ozone therapy but one thing is for certain—four in ten Americans still remain unwilling to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you’re one of them, you might want to consider the aforementioned treatments that are readily available here at R3 Health! Ozone is effective at fighting viral conditions and IV therapy is great for delivering vitamins, minerals, and critical hydration to your body to support your immune system at this precarious time in human history. How do you feel about the vaccine? Will you be lining up for your shot or opting for one of these alternatives? Whatever path you choose, you’ve got a plethora of choices to put you on the right track to optimal health! And as always, make sure you are informed fully and most comprehensively before jumping into a rash decision.