Procedures For Using Growth Hormone
Growth hormone is administered subcutaneously. The different available preparations may require different mixing instructions. We will review these with you in the office, as necessary.
Instructions for Omnitrope (Growth Hormone)
- Necessary Materials:
- One mixing syringe (usually a 10cc syringe)
- Insulin syringe
- One bottle of Omnitrope 5.8 mg/vial
- 30mL Bacteriostatic Water
- Alcohol Swab
- Snap off caps from the water and Omnitrope..
- Using the drawing needle, turn water vial upside down and draw up 3cc of bacteriostatic water. Discard remaining water vial.
- Using the drawing needle, insert the water into the Omnitrope bottle. Swirl the vial (do not shake) and allow dissolving.
- Draw out ½ cc of dissolved medication into the 3cc syringe with the attached needle.
- Administer subcutaneous injection as prescribed by physician.
- Store vial in the refrigerator.