Ozone Therapy is the process of administering ozone gas into your body to treat a disease or inflamamtionwound. We’ve mentioned it briefly here at R3 Health in THIS blog, but we felt it was worth a second—and closer—look. So, how does it work? By increasing the oxygen levels in your blood, Ozone Therapy may help reduce the stress on your lungs, responsible for supplying oxygen to the body. There’s a myriad of benefits, so let’s take a look at what ozone can do!
Though Ozone Therapy might be unfamiliar to you, the benefits of the body include strengthening the immune system with white blood cells, preventing infections and immune system deficiencies by destroying bacteria, viruses, and helping to counteract cell mutations. Some of the top benefits of Ozone Therapy are:
- A Boosted Immune System. Ozone therapy has the potential to strengthen the immune system to cope better with inflammation.
- Antibacterial, Antifungal, & Antiviral Abilities. Ozone therapy may also treat and prevent viral infections like the flu and COVID-19, which is encouraging for anyone who finds themselves especially susceptible to winter bugs.
- Brain Tissue Repair After A Stroke. When you have a stroke, the affected area of the brain, known as the penumbra, begins to lose its crucial oxygen supply, causing hypoxia of the surrounding brain cells. But, according to a 2012 study, supplying a mix of oxygen and ozone gases to hypoxic tissue may reverse the damage.
- Lower Risk Of Repeat Heart Attacks. Ozone therapy could reduce the risk of a repeat heart attack and the development of tissue death due to lack of oxygen (infarction) or an abnormal/irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) after a heart attack.
How Does The Process Work?
Ozone Therapy works by increasing the amount of oxygen in the body. Once introduced into the body fluids, the resulting reactions form more proteins and red blood cells. This increases the oxygen supply in your body in four main ways:
- Natural Detoxifier. Just like ozone is used in water purification, air purification, and swimming pools to keep them clean, it may also do the same in your body.
- It Resets The Mitochondria. The mitochondria are the organelles inside cells that produce energy. Ozone allows them to reset and make more energy!
- Improves Blood Conditions. Ozone therapy helps blood cells to function correctly, enhances cell motility, cleans the blood, improves circulation and cellular metabolism, and decreases uric acid in the body.
- Boosts Your Immune System. The immune system produces its own ozone to defend and heal the body, so introducing medical ozone into the body puts the immune system into overdrive.
What Conditions Is Ozone Therapy Good For?
Ozone Therapy may be used for a variety of conditions. The research regarding its effectiveness and safety is still ongoing, but some of the conditions it is used for are:
- Breathing Disorders. People with breathing disorders may be good candidates for Ozone Therapy, though more research is needed. By increasing the oxygen levels in your blood, Ozone Therapy may help reduce stress on your lungs.
- Diabetes. Ozone Therapy also shows promise in reducing the risk of complications from diabetes, which are often caused by oxidative stress in the body! For people with diabetic foot ulcers, Ozone Therapy was reported to help close the wound and reduce the chances of infection.
- Immune Disorders. Ozone therapy may benefit people with immunity disorders because it appears to help stimulate the body’s immune system. In fact, studies have shown that ozone mixed with blood and injected into people with HIV significantly reduced their viral load over two years!
Is Ozone Therapy Right For You?
Here’s the thing about ozone–it can irritate your lungs, throat, nose, eyes, and skin if misused. That’s why it’s more than crucial to have expert advice in your corner before traveling down this particular route to wellness. If you’re feeling confused, then we’ve got some excellent news for you! Our experts here at R3 Health are well equipped with the right tools and information on this controversial yet cutting-edge therapy, and they’re standing by to help answer whatever questions you have as you determine whether or not this treatment is a proper fit for you. So contact us now to schedule a FREE consultation and start feeling your best ASAP.